What is a Registered Dietitian?
- A Registered Dietitian (RD) is your most credible source of nutrition information.
- Provides reliable, objective information.
- Separates facts from fads.
- Translates the latest scientific findings into information that is easy to understand and use.
- A Registered Dietitian (RD) is a food and nutrition expert who has met academic and professional requirements.
Those requirements include…
- Bachelor Degree with course work approved by the American Dietetic Association’s Commission on Accreditation for Dietetics Education. Coursework typically includes food and nutrition sciences, biochemistry, physiology, microbiology, chemistry, food service systems management, business, economics, computer science and sociology.
- Completing an accredited, supervised, experiential practice program at a health-care facility, community agency or food service corporation.
- Passing a national examination administered by the Commission on Dietetic Registration.
- Completing continuing professional educational requirements to maintain registration.